We are proud to offer the largest high quality prints than any where else on campus. We are capable of producing posters up to 60 inches wide and with a turn around time that is unmatched.
- Steps to getting a print
- Preferred format
- High quality, large format UB logos for your poster
- Reprint policy
Step 1: Fill out the Customer Information Form ONLINE.
This form is an important step in making the processing of payment easier.
Step 2: Contact Doug McCallum
- By Phone: 829-3485 ext. 216
- By Email: email@example.com
By contacting Doug, you can get a realistic approximation of the turn around time. Printing loads vary throughout the academic year and waiting may take as long as a day.
We can process a large number of formats in order to produce a poster. Below are some of the program in which you can compose your poster and some tips to avoid delays or problems.:
- Microsoft PowerPoint: By far the easiest way to compose, send and print any size poster. If you use PowerPoint, make sure that the page setup is the dimension that you want your final poster to be. If the desired poster size is bigger than maximum page size in PowerPoint (56" x 56"), then setup your poster to be 50% of the intended size, and we can scale the plot by 200% during the printing process.
- Adobe PhotoShop
- Adobe Illustrator
- Corel Draw
- Any other program: If you have a program from which
you want to compose your poster in but we do not support, you can generate
a postscript file of the file from which your poster can be generated.
- Step 1: Download and install the driver for our large format printer on your local system. We are currently using the Hewlett Packard DesignJet 5000.
- Step 2: Print to file
- Step 3: Send file to Doug
- Large scale poster printing (up to 60" wide and 150' long)
- Soft-gloss or High Gloss: $4 per square foot (most popular)
- Heavy bond: $2 per square foot
- Bond: $1.5 per square foot
- Specialty paper: available upon request and advanced notice): price varies
Please note that all orders that are needed within 24 hours of receipt of the originals will be assessed a $10 rush order fee.
You can download your official UB logos and visual identity material from the site:UB Visual Identity Web Site
Media Services prides itself in bringing the best quality poster and prints available anywhere on campus. If you find that there is a mistake or problem with a poster that was printed at Media Services, we will reprint it at no cost if the errors and damage occur during the printing and handling process. If you find that your poster has been damaged or there is an error on the poster that was caused by the printer, please contact Doug McCallum. This does not include typos, incorrectly formatted postscript prints, or problems that occurred through software related errors.